Wednesday// Photography techniques -http://www.mcpactions.com/blog/2010/03/22/how-to-avoid-over-editing-your-photos-in-photoshop/http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/ // Refresh what I’ve learned this week so far
I’ve read through the first link and am guilty of 70% of the things it talks about heh. So here’s a little list of things I need to improve on/keep in mind:
- Keep an eye on the histogram – sneaking into the 200s is not a good sign
- Do not blindly use Photoshop functions
- Loosing details in the shadows is a sign to stop editing
- Enhance what is already there without – blowing things out, losing crispness
- Research the correct way of how to accomplish fake HDR… or figure out how to do the real thing.
A week or two ago I checked out this book titled “The Complete Guide to Light” which I have not even cracked. :} So today I will read through that and study the above websites. When I take photographs, lighting and shadows are the main things I look for, so reading up on that idea can only help me more.